Here you will find information you need if you're having Dr. Amy as a guest on your organization or on your show.
Meet Dr. Amy
Pharmacist, Author, Speaker
- Dr. Amy Lee Summers is a compounding pharmacist, having received her doctor of pharmacy degree from the top pharmacy school in the nation, the University of California San Francisco.
- She is a renowned authority in the areas of bioidentical hormones, nutrition, healthy lifestyles and disease prevention.
- Dr. Amy is the author of the nationally acclaimed book, What You Must Know About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- She is the author of the Restore Hormone Balance Clinical Training Program and trains health and wellness professionals to facilitate her bioidentical hormone replacement therapy methods nationwide.
- Dr. Amy is a talented and passionate key note speaker and the founder of a series of wellness programs that combine healthy lifestyle coaching with hormone balance.
- She is a regular guest columnist for Glam Life Magazine and discusses hot topics in hormones, anti-aging, and wellness.
- She has been interviewed for CNN News Talk, Woman's Day Magazine, Your Health TV, Bay Area’s TV 50, Glam Life Magazine, and many more.
What You Must Know About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Dr. Amy’s bioidentical hormone replacement therapy book is the ultimate guide for women who want to:
- Look and feel younger
- Decrease their risk of age-related diseases
- Decrease stress
- Learn the secrets to staying healthy
- Increase their energy
- Lose weight
- End hot flashes
- Decrease anxiety
- Eliminate brain fog
- Sleep well at night
- Reclaim your sex life
- Jumpstart their metabolism
The hormone imbalances that women experience as they approach and enter menopause are responsible for a long list of uncomfortable symptoms—hot flashes, weight gain, difficulty sleeping, fatigue, and loss of sex drive, to name just a few. Often, women resign themselves to their suffering, unaware that there is a safe and effective solution to their discomfort: bioidentical hormones.
Unlike the synthetic hormones that have been used in traditional hormone replacement therapy (HRT), bioidentical hormones are exact replicas of those produced by women’s own bodies. This makes them extremely effective, acting on women’s hormone receptors in the way that nature intended, thus putting hormone levels back in perfect balance and eliminating menopausal symptoms.
In What You Must Know About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Dr. Amy Lee Hawkins explains how personalized, bioidentical hormone therapy can finally help you sleep better at night; enjoy increased energy levels; reclaim your sex life; lose weight; and look and feel younger and sexier. Dr. Hawkins discusses the important roles that hormones play in a woman’s body—and not only the “female” hormones discussed in most books—and helps you determine which ones you may be deficient in. She also explains how to get your hormone levels tested, so you can receive a personalized prescription that will put your body safely back into a healthy, youthful balance.
Sample Interview Questions for Dr. Amy
- Does menopause cause divorce?
- Can depression be caused by a hormone imbalance?
- Why are more young ladies struggling with infertility or miscarriage?
- Why are girls starting their period earlier than ever before?
- Why your belly gets fatter during menopause and beyond?
- Why is it so hard for the scale to budge after the age of 40?
- Could cortisol be causing the top 10 chronic disease states in this country?
- Is testosterone nature’s Viagra?
- How to have a fabulous sex life after the age of 40.
- Is estrogen to blame for my husband’s beer belly?
- Could hormone imbalances be contributing to childhood obesity?
- Why can’t I lose weight even after my doctor prescribed thyroid medication for me?
- Why is it hard to maintain a normal menstrual cycle after the age of 35?
- Are certain foods to blame for my harsh PMS symptoms?
- Why do I keep waking up at 3am every night?
- Is estrogen to blame for erectile dysfunction?
- What are the differences between conventional HRT and bioidentical HRT?
- Are hormones to blame for hair loss?
- Are hormones really the fountain of youth?
- How long does it take to transition through menopause?
- The top 5 myths of menopause.
- How to workout smarter, not harder.
- The diet prescription that prevents and reverses diabetes.
- The top 5 ways to cope with stress.
- Is stress making you fat?
- Is estrogen making you fat?
- Why BHRT is so controversial and why you can’t find a doctor.
- Is BHRT safe for breast cancer survivors?
- Is BHRT safer than conventional HRT?
- Why big pharma wants to take away your compounded BHRT prescriptions.
- The BHRT Battle – big pharma vs. the compounding pharmacist.
- Natural alternatives to taking BHRT for menopausal symptoms.
- Remedies for female sexual dysfunction.
- Meet your hormones of metabolism, stress, and energy.
- The perimenopause denial.
- How the brain hormone, serotonin, helps us stay skinny, calm, and happy.
- Why low carb diets aren’t sustainable and make us angry and aggressive.
- Foods that make our happy hormones.
- How SSRI’s decrease natural serotonin production and cause serotonin resistance.
- How some prescriptions alter natural hormone production.
- Why chronic pain sufferers have low hormone levels.
- Frequently asked questions about BHRT – An interview with Dr. Amy.
- Estrogen – the new wrinkle cream.
- Read this before starting an estrogen prescription! - Taking estrogen alone causes hormone imbalances.
- You ARE worth it! Take care of your menopausal symptoms and take back your life.
- No - it can’t be my hormones! I’m only 35!
- Hormones that build strong bones – it’s not just estrogen!
- Read this before you take your osteoporosis prescription!
- Hormone alternatives for maintaining bone strength and density.
- Is BHRT safe for those with cardiovascular disease?