Dr. Amy Summers, PharmD
Dr. Amy Summers is a compounding pharmacist, an author on the controversial topic of bioidentical hormone therapy, a motivational wellness speaker, and regular guest health columnist for Glam Life Magazine. She is a renowned authority in the areas of bioidentical hormones, nutrition, healthy lifestyles, and disease prevention. Dr. Amy is a talented and passionate teacher, and has developed focused wellness programs that are simple, easy to follow, and entertaining.
Early in her career, Dr. Amy developed an interest in how the human body works and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry. She then received her doctor of pharmacy degree from the top pharmacy school in the nation, the University of California San Francisco, where she excelled in topics including pharmacology and biopharmaceutics. Dr. Amy’s background is unique – having formal training in biochemistry and pharmaceuticals, along with her real life experience as a wife, mother and trusted pharmacist. These experiences helped Dr. Amy become distinguished as a wellness expert and bioidentical hormone specialist.
Since 2007, Dr. Amy has been a compounding pharmacist and has invented numerous proprietary prescription compounds for prescribers to meet the unique needs of their patients. She has also developed ground-breaking pharmacy policies and procedures that have set new quality standards in the practice of compounding.
In 2010, Dr. Amy established the Grow Younger Wellness Workshops and has been focused on teaching the public as well as practitioners ever since. Her areas of focus are bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and healthy lifestyles.
Dr. Amy is the author of the nationally acclaimed book, What You Must Know About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
She is a regular guest columnist for Glam Life Magazine and discusses hot topics in hormones, anti-aging, and wellness.
She is the producer of numerous wellness resources including her
- Diet Prescription plan
- Work Smarter Not Harder program
- Don’t Worry Be Happy stress relief guide
She is the author of the Restore Hormone Balance Clinical Training Program.
*No published complete and detailed clinical protocol exists to clinicians on the topic of hormone replacement therapy, making her work a coveted and highly sought after training program to clinicians. Dr. Amy has authorized select pre-screened clinicians to use her exclusive clinical protocols and has personally trained them on how to prescribe bioidentical hormones safely and effectively to patients.
Appearances and Interviews
- KX 93.5FM Radio Interview by Tyler Russell, April 2013
- Woman's Day Magazine Feature Cover Story: Surprising New Ways to Lose Weight, by Leslie Pepper, April 2013 Issue
- Natural Products Expo West Book Signing, March 2013
- Glam Life Magazine Interview by Cherri Farah, February 2013
- Weekly Key Note Speaker for Restore Health Medical, 2013
- Publisher’s Weekly Book Review, December 2012
- Your Health TV Interview by Dr. Becker, October 2012
- A4M Central Drug’s Exhibition Appearance, December 2010
- Sonoma County’s Preventive Health Fair Screener, May 2010
- IFIM Metagenic’s Exhibition Appearance, July 2010
- Weekly Sonoma County Community Key Note Speaker, 2009-2010
- Weekly co-host on KSRO 1350AM CNN News Talk Radio, 2009-2010
- Press Democrat Newspaper Article Mention, September 2009
- The Bay Area’s KFTY TV Channel 50 Host of a Live Special Feature Hormone Seminar, Aired November 17, 2009
- Monthly Guest Speaker at Dr. Cheryle Hart’s Hormone Workshops, 2008-2009
Dr. Amy lives with her husband and two sons in Southern California. When she is not writing, researching or motivating others through her speaking engagements, Dr. Amy practices what she preaches, enjoying walking, hiking, beach cruising, rock climbing, weight training, cooking and spending time with her beloved family.